Message: Why Is Church Attendance Important
Bishop Steven L. Thompson will be teaching on the importance of local church attendance.
You can download the PDF of the notes by clicking here.
Message: Present & Post COVID-19
3 John 1:1-4 MSG
[1-4] The Pastor, to my good friend Gaius: How truly I love you! We're the best of friends, and I pray for good fortune in everything you do, and for your good health-that your everyday affairs prosper, as well as your soul! I was most happy when some friends arrived and brought the news that you persist in following the way of Truth. Nothing could make me happier than getting reports that my children continue diligently in the way of Truth!
In this epistle the apostle congratulates Gaius:
1. Upon the prosperity of his soul (v. 1, 2),
2. Upon the fame he had among good Christians (v. 3, 4),
3. Upon his charity and hospitality to the servants of Christ (v. 5, 6).
4. He complains of contemptuous treatment by an ambitious Diotrephes (v. 9, 10),
5. John recommends Demetrius (v. 12), and expresses his hope of visiting Gaius shortly (v. 13, 14).
Let’s be mindful of the early church:
A. God made us creatures of fellowship:
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
B. The use of house churches
10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came unto the iron gate that leadeth unto the city; which opened to them of his own accord: and they went out, and passed on through one street; and forthwith the angel departed from him.
11 And when Peter was come to himself, he said, Now I know of a surety, that the Lord hath sent his angel, and hath delivered me out of the hand of Herod, and from all the expectation of the people of the Jews.
12 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark; where many were gathered together praying.
13 And as Peter knocked at the door of the gate, a damsel came to hearken, named Rhoda.
14 And when she knew Peter's voice, she opened not the gate for gladness, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.
15 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.
16 But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.
The Body of Christ:
A. Let’s remain a positive communicative body:
B. Let’s remain prayerful
C. Be encouraging
D. Be mindful of productive ways to engage & encourage through:
1. Phone calls
2. Prayerline gatherings & Bible Study (invite people on with us).
3. Electronic giving: PayPal, Givelify, Call in, Mail
E. Maintain good health practices, such as:
1. Keeping your calorie intake at 3300 calories or less. You can google direct calorie counts on Google.
2. Purchase fresh foods (fresh/frozen fruits &/or vegetables, fresh/frozen meats)
3. Drink plenty of water or Gatorade
4. Eat lots of green vegetables (a colorful salad & veggies is ideal)
5. Chicken, fish, turkey, lamb are lean meats you can eat. Beef, pork & other red meats take longer to digest.
F. Exercise is necessary:
a. If working from home try to set aside time to walk (10,000 steps) each day.
b. Commit to doing calisthenics exercises: squats, jumping jacks, walk-outs, Mountain Climbers, burpees, push-ups, crunches, set-ups, light jogging 🏃, etc. We must fight against the other health issues which can arise post COVID-19.
Reduce snacking or totally eliminate it if possible. Snacks are the biggest areas of quick gaining calories. If you choose to snack grab something healthy such as fruit or finger veggies. Drink plenty of water!